EZ Communicator Navigator APS: Features
The EZ Communicator Navigator 2- and 4-Wire Push Button Stations (EN2 PBS and EN4 PBS, respectively) are the pedestrian interfaces to the EZ Communicator Navigator Accessible Pedestrian System.
An EN2 PBS system includes a Central Control Unit (CCU2EN), an
E-Configurator, and up to 16 Push Button Stations (4 maximum per channel). An EN4 PBS system includes a Ped Head Control Unit (PHCU4W), and also an E-Configurator and up to 16 Push Button Stations.
Both systems provide valuable information and cues via a vibrating arrow button and audible sounds, making the intersection accessible for all pedestrians (Click here to listen to sounds). All sounds emanate from the back of the unit. A sunlight-visible red LED latches “ON” to confirm the button has been pushed. The EN2 and EN4 PBS both include the body (shown left), sign, ADA-compliant push button and mounting hardware.
The EZ Communicator Navigator 2- and 4-Wire systems provide the following standard features:
- Confirmation of button push via latching LED, sound, and tactile bounce.
- Direction of travel (with extended button push).
- Standard locating tone during Don’t Walk (and Clearance if desired).
- Cuckoo, Chirp, Rapid Tick, Verbal, or user customized voice messages during walk. A total of 10 walk sound options are included with an additional 2 locations for custom voice messages/walk sounds.
- Vibrating button during walk.
- Choice of 4 locating tones, custom sound, or verbal countdown during PED clearance.
- All sounds automatically adjust to ambient over 60dB range.
- Most sounds have a minimum and maximum volume independently set.
- Sounds are synchronized across all PBSs.
- Extended button push can turn on, boost volumes, and/or mute all sounds except those on the activated crosswalk.
- Can provide pre-configured special messages played throughout the entire intersection upon a central system activated signal (preemption).
- Custom audio messages and configuration settings can be easily changed via USB port.
- Firmware updates provided through USB port.
- Independent ambient adjustment setting for the locate tone which allows fine adjustments for low ambient conditions.